Monday, June 28, 2010

Workin' on the yard and a sad goodbye

Here's a few pictures of us enjoying the backyard - well, let me rephrase - Gracie and I enjoying the backyard while the boys do yard work :)

These are the last pictures I have of my sweet sweet puppy Carmel. It's almost 2 months ago while I'm writing this and I am crying, still, right now and almost daily as I think about how much I want to cuddle him and love him. He was the sweetest dog I've ever known. I have always been a cuddler - ever since I was little - and I have never known a dog that wanted to cuddle as much as Carmel. He always wanted to be near you and could never get close enough, even if his 100 pound body was sitting in your lap - he would still try to nuzzle up closer and closer... never close enough. He had so many quirks about him that I miss every day and I'm so so sad that he's gone. We are still mourning in our house, we carry his collar around with us, and we just can't bring ourselves to throw away all his medicine we still have in the cabinet. A few weeks ago we had some neighbors - that we have never met in the 5 years of living here - come up to the back fence when we were in the yard and ask where Carmel was - yes, we had never spoken to these people, but they knew our sweet dog's name and they missed him too. It makes me so sad that I will have no more pictures of him to post and no more new memories to share. I will never stop missing him no matter how much time passes and I look forward to the day when I can hold him again.

0 comments: