Friday, September 14, 2012

Hot Air Balloons - nay - Balloon

A couple years ago we went to the Hot Air Balloon Show at the Windsor Harvest Festival and I LOVED it. So last year we tried to do it again, got everyone up early and got there and it was cancelled due to high winds - so sad. This year I heard of one at the Fair so once again - got everyone up early, got there, sat down with everyone else and started to watch and nothing was happening. All the trucks were sitting around with their balloon baskets but they weren't rolling out the balloons - they were just waiting. We decided to go to the free pancake breakfast and come back since nothing was happening. I'm assuming right after we left they called it because of weather again because we got back a little later and everyone was gone and no balloons were in the air - so sad AGAIN. Then the Windsor Harvest Festival came, so we tried AGAIN! I guess I didn't realize how lucky we were that first year to catch all the balloons. I'm assuming they cancelled it because of weather again because hardly anyone was there - but there was ONE balloon thank God :) I thought it was a perfect morning, but what do I know :) I was disappointed again but at least the kids got to watch one balloon go up which was very exciting for them.





0 comments: