After two years of doing a garden, I have learned what my problem is :) I actually am pretty good about getting things to grow - it's keeping them alive that I have a problem with. For some reason, I baby my garden in the beginning, I will water it and check on it every day. Then once things start to grow it's almost like I think, "Ok, good job, you did it" then I stop watering it and expect everything to be fine :) So my garden dried out a little this time :) We still had a lot of zucchinis, but a lot of my tomatoes dried out. Squirrels and/or rabbits ate my watermelons and strawberries before I had a chance to cover them, and I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but I messed up my carrots :) For some reason I took them straight out of the package and stuck them all in together, in bunches, not spread out like I should have - so they were pretty funny looking :) Live and Learn, we'll see how this year goes :) I still think it's a lot of fun and the kids love it, so hopefully I can get better :)
Monday, March 10, 2014
"Fruits" of our labor
Posted by Kerr Family at 5:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment