I just wanted to let everyone know what a great husband I have :). He never toots his own horn - so I'm doing it for him! :) He is such a great guy and I think a lot of people don't give him credit for everything that he's done and everything that he is. He is the smartest man you'll ever meet. He tackles any project with no doubt in his mind about if he can do it, just how he's going to do it. He teaches himself how to do so many things that I would never even know where to start. He's a dreamer, he loves thinking about the future and what we're going to be able to do and how full our lives are going to be. He started his own business about 6 or 7 years ago and never doubted himself. Now it's a well known name, it seems like everyone has heard of him and no one has ever heard anything bad. He gets most of his business from referrals because everyone loves him so much - not only his skills but his personality. We have a wonderful life and it's all because of him :) I'm a lucky girl!
These are many of the reasons why I love him so much, but the biggest reason is his heart! I personally am not a hunter and don't agree with hunting - I understand the reasons why many people do hunt, I have many friends that are hunters, but I could never be a hunter, and I've always said that I never could have married a hunter. Kevin is not only a non-hunter but he has a love of animals that matches my own, which I think is hard to come by. Which leads me to the Snake story -
On Bradley's 5 month old birthday, I had just gotten home from work, Kevin left for work and Bradley and I went out to sit on the back deck for a while. As soon as I got out there, I sat down and called the dogs over and saw that Snickers wasn't coming because he was messing with something in the grass - it was a snake. I called him and made them stay on the deck, I put Bradley inside in his jumpy and I was going to get a stick and toss the snake over the fence. Let me just say first - I am an animal lover - but I am not the biggest fan of snakes :) I'll take a snake any day over a spider, but lets just say snakes aren't my favoritist of all creatures :) So I went over to the snake and saw that it was barely moving - Snickers must have hurt it. It looked ok other than one puncture wound near the middle. I felt really bad that it was suffering and I called Kevin.
"Honey, can you come home and kill a snake for me, it's hurt and dying and suffering" I guess at that time, work had to trump killing a snake for wife :) He said he would be home as soon as possible but he needed to get some stuff done first. So, being the wuss I am and not being able to deal with it myself, I put the dogs in the dog run so they wouldn't mess with it anymore and went inside. Now - jump to several hours later, me having checked on the snake every 10 minutes to see if it was dead yet - snake still alive, snake still suffering :( Heidi sad! I felt so terrible and guilty that I wasn't able to put it out of it's misery. But I just couldn't do it.
Finally Kevin was able to come home and he went straight to the snake to check out the situation. It was definitely dying, it hadn't moved barely a foot all day long and was pretty unresponsive. So he said he would kill it so it would stop suffering, I couldn't watch so I went inside - then peered around the curtains to watch him. Which brings me back to his big heart! He's such a sweetheart, it took him about 10 minutes to be able to go through with it. He had a shovel and he'd get ready to hit it and then he'd stop and look at it, then look back at the house and look around, then try again and stop again. He did this several times, finally I stopped watching him and distracted myself with playing with Mr Bradley. When he came in he looked so sad. He said it was really hard for him, he kept thinking "well, maybe he can survive" but then realized that he couldn't. He is such a sweetheart! He doesn't particularly like snakes either but it was so hard for him to kill something, anything - I LOVE HIM :) Not very many guys would have a problem killing a snake.
I'm so glad that Bradley gets to grow up with a Daddy like Kevin, he's going to be a good man - just like his Daddy. It's true what they say about falling in love with your husband all over again once you have kids. I love seeing him with Bradley, he has way exceeded all of my expectations that come with parenting. He is a good man and I'm lucky to have him :)
P.S. By the way - he'd kill me if he knew that I posted that picture of him in his hard hat :) I made him let me take it because he looked so cute! :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Who doesn't give Kevin the credit he deserves? I give him tons of credit! Especially for marrying up!
I love the snake story. I don't think Joe could kill one either, unless he knew it was for the greater good.
Love talking to you more Heidi, keep up the calls!
Bradley is very lucky to have a Kevin for a dad indeed.
I love how positive your blog always is, what a great family and a beautiful baby!
I am making my blog private, email me at nikkisblog@gmail.com to let me know your email, and I will add you to the list.
Post a Comment