Friday, April 13, 2012

Day before Easter

We tried a couple different Egg Hunts this year. The first one we went to was ridiculous, just like last year - WAY too many people! If I didn't already tell the kids we were going to hunt for eggs we would have turned around and went back home. I had to drop them off then drive down the street to the next neighborhood and walk quite a ways back to the park. Then the area was TINY for the amount of people that were there. 0-2 year olds went first and we were not right at the front so by the time we shuffled in all the eggs were gone. I was getting really worried because Gracie was SO into it and was really searching and searching. I'm guessing someone must have accidentally dropped one of their many eggs because out of no where she picked one up and was SO excited! Thank goodness she found her one, and she was happy. The other one we went to was the opposite, not a lot of people and no rules. We just grabbed a couple of eggs each and went home. I have very mixed feelings about public Easter Egg Hunts. They can be a lot of fun, but then people can get so pushy and mean too. Also, I think they'd be a lot better if there was a limit on the number of people, otherwise it's just too chaotic!

This was Gracie's first year dying Easter Eggs and she loved it! 




The stickers are always a nice addition :)





Sadly the eggs didn't last very long. Gracie would hold 2 in her hands and smash them together so a few of them were broken. Then the next morning we came downstairs and Bradley said "The Easter Bunny took all of the eggs and hid them except for these 3" Out of our 10 eggs that we dyed and decorated, Nestle had eaten 7 of them that night. I guess I wasn't thinking she would go after the eggs, but I was wrong. At least we had fun dying them :)

0 comments: