Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Next Move

A little over a week after we moved Gracie into Bradley's room we moved Sammie into the nursery. She was SO crammed in her little bassinet. She was waking up quite a bit in her bassinet every night so I was hoping that having more room would make her more comfortable and maybe not as hot. She seemed to like it at first, she loved looking at the mobile and was stretching her arms out and rolling around, but I guess it was all too exciting because she couldn't get to sleep. I kept going up there and trying to feed her some more and making sure she had her paci, but it took a very long time for her to finally fall asleep. I was VERY close to putting her back in the bassinet in our room and trying again another day, but she did finally fall asleep. As soon as she did I went to bed because I figured it would be a long night of her waking up over and over - I was wrong. She finally got to sleep around 10 and slept until 5 - I would say it was very nice but it's not like I actually slept straight through. I kept getting up to go check on her to make sure she was ok, and then around 3 I had to go downstairs and pump because I was so used to feeding her multiple times by that time of night :) She's been doing wonderful every night and usually sleeps 9-5 or close to that. She will sleep on her belly a lot now and I LOVE walking in the room in the morning and seeing her on her belly holding herself up and looking at the door. I was pretty sad the first night without her by my bed and it still seems empty when I go in there to go to sleep, but the extra sleep and seeing how much she likes it makes me feel much better :)







0 comments: