Thursday, April 24, 2008

1st Month


So - first off - I was INSANELY overprotective of Mr Bradley from the second he came out. I didn't feel comfortable with anyone holding him or him being away from me for any amount of time. This got me in a little trouble with some people because they thought that I didn't trust them - of course I trusted them, but I couldn't explain it. He was just so perfect and I wanted so badly to do everything right and not hurt him in anyway. I just wanted him close to me - always and forever! There was no question about the bond that developed the second he was born and layed on my chest. People always say you don't understand it until it happens to you and they're exactly right! After years of anticipating the day I got to meet my baby it still was more emotional, more spiritual, and more amazing than I ever could have imagined. Kevin right away started calling Bradley "Mr Bradley" and the nickname stuck :)
From the first day he was a great sleeper - so much so that I had to wake him up all the time to eat which I hated doing. A couple times I let him sleep a little longer than 3 hours because I felt bad waking him up and then his weight was a little lower than they wanted at his checkup so I couldn't do that anymore :) His first time out of the house was on Christmas morning to go over to Mammy's - but for the first month we mostly just stayed inside! Kevin was able to take off several weeks so we all just stayed home together which was very nice and very needed!

In this picture Mr Bradley is exactly 1 month old!

0 comments: