Thursday, July 24, 2008

4th of July - Part 1

So we had a long 4th of July - which we're very happy about :) Technically it started a week before with our 4th annual 4th of July party which was a blast, but it officially started on July 3rd when we went to the Rockies game. We went last year on the 3rd and saw their fireworks show for the first time and had so much fun and have decided to make it a tradition. They do the fireworks shows on the 3rd and 4th and we don't ever want to miss 4th of July at City Park because that is our main tradition, so going on the 3rd to the Rockies is perfect. They have great shows!
This year was odviously a little different with Mr Bradley. I was thinking that we could get him some ear muffs to block out the sound and if the sound didn't scare him then he'd probably enjoy watching them. I started to second guess myself the second we got to the game. We couldn't sit in our seats because it was very loud with all the cheering for the game and Mr B would freak out as soon as anyone started cheering, so we spend most of the game walking around the stadium and I was feeling bad for even taking him there.

But when it got close to the show we put the ear muffs on and he loved watching them! I love this picture because you get a good view of how cute his cheeks looked all squished up :)

Sadly I think that was our last Rockies game this year because Mr Bradley just isn't too into loud crowds, but at least the fireworks didn't scare him! Success!



1 comments:

Erin said...

The ear muffs KILL ME!! BWA HAHAHAHA! So funny! The Townsend kids are spitting images of their parents (Drew and daddy and Katie and her adorable mommy). I don't know if I will ever get to say that about my kids. That they look like me I mean, not Mindy and Scott :).

You know how to do 4th of July right. Cool tradition to go to a Rockies game on the 4th. I've never been. I think traditions are glue for the family.