Thursday, July 24, 2008

4th of July - Part 3

Does let this picture fool you - Kevin might LOOK tired after all our 4th of July festivities but if it were his decision 4th of July would be a monthly holiday :) On the 5th of July we went up to Red Feather with Tammy, Dad, Jan and Grandma. We went to have a wonderful lunch and look around at their craft booths. Then we came back to Dad and Jan's house and had a great time, relaxing, chatting and playing games. Just thought I'd throw this little fact in - we all took a stab at shooting one of Dad's guns at a target. Dad taught me the proper Marine way to sit and stable the gun in my hands - the first 2 shots - not even close to my circle!! But what do you know it - I ended up getting a bulls-eye - best shot of the day! Hooray! :)
Then Mindy and the kids came up to spend the night and go to the fireworks show with us. We got there, got all settled in, and while we were waiting it got really windy! Kevin and I were trying to shield Mr Bradley from the wind but he was just getting more angry with us and didn't want blankets draped across him. So unfortunately we had to pack up and head back to the truck to watch the fireworks from there.
We actually had a pretty good view from the truck but we missed the company of Dad, Mindy, Tammy and the kids. Bradley loved the last show of the year just as much as the first. It was a very good show, especially for a small place like Red Feather - we were very impressed!
We had so much fun all 3 days - it was a 4th of July to remember! :) The best one yet - Mr Bradley somehow makes everything better than it ever was before! :)

1 comments:

Erin said...

I haven't seen you dad for ever! I think he had that same hat on (and smile) the last time I saw him. Do you know I still know what his phone number is? Assuming he hasn't changed it since I was in elementary school.