Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to me :)

I had a wonderful birthday. I did just what I love doing - hung out with my family! I took work off so that I could sleep in - which was great, then Kevin and I had a nice day hanging out with Mr Bradley, then Mom, Bill, Tammy, Mindy, Scott and the kids came over for dinner, cake and ice cream - and of course games! I can't believe I'm 27! As a funny - but not so funny - side note. People still tell me how young I look all the time - yes, yes - I'll appreciate it when I'm older (how much older until that happens again? :) ) I went and subbed on a softball team the other night that Mindy and Tammy play on. I didn't want to go because it was a 9 o'clock game and lately I'm in bed by then! But they had asked me several times and it never worked out with Bradley's schedule, and since he would be asleep before I left I figured I could do it. Then we get there and they didn't even need me, so I was just the designated hitter - which was kind of annoying but who was I to complain. Mindy thought it was dumb so she went up to the coach and told him "You have to play her, I made her come, even though it's past her bed time" jokingly.

So then this guy comes up to me later and says, "So, Mindy is your mom?" Uhh... NO!
Mindy was not too happy! That would make me way younger and her way older, and as Tammy kindly pointed out - that would make Mindy a grandma! :)
Yes, fine - I hear I could pass for 18, 19 quite a bit - but to be the daughter of my sister who is 2 years older than me? That's pushing it, don't ya think? Crazy man...

2 comments:

Erin said...

OUCH. Poor Mindy. I get that all the time too, not 19 but people think I am in my early 20's. Sometimes they get Nikki and I confused and think she is older. I attribute that to me having 2 kids and her just 1, and not our looks. I hope I never look my age...

I know I don't feel it.

I do, however vow not to shop at "Forever 21" when I am 60. That is just gross. No one should be 21 forever.

Erin said...

I just read my own comment...

I meant they think Nikki is NOT older. Duh.