So, Oct 2010 we made the move to the new house. The whole plan was to get Mr B sleeping in his own bed for the first time in the new house. In my head I envisioned his room getting all set up nice and comfy, still doing our nice, familiar bed time routine, taking pictures and taking our time - not what happened at all :( I should have known with moving all day long that would not have been the best time to do it, because I didn't want to rush into it. We spent a very long day moving, with the help of great family and friends (THANK YOU!!!!) and it wasn't until late that night that I started realizing that we hadn't even begun to set up Bradley's room. There were no sheets on the bed (I couldn't even find my sheets, they were in a box somewhere), boxes were everywhere in his room - it was a little chaotic - not exactly how I wanted him falling asleep in a new bed on his own for the first time. BUT - I didn't want to put him back in the crib (which was also not set up at all...) because then we'd have to make a whole other transition later on. Moving him to the big boy bed had already been put off for months and months because of the move and I didn't want to delay it any longer. SO I rushed to get the bed half made for him, clear out a path in his room, and because of the late hour (and not knowing where the books were) we didn't even get to read a story like normal. He was such a trooper though, he seemed excited and he slept great!!! It was a much easier transition than I could have ever hoped for!
Like I have come to realize about myself, I put off things - big changes in routine, steps forward as the children grow up - not because I'm worried about how THEY'RE going to take it (even though that's always my excuse!), I just don't want to admit that they are growing and changing so fast. I have a hard time letting go, and admitting that time is going by, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. At the same time, once I actually force myself to embrace the change and acknowledge that we have to move on from certain things, then I'm able to enjoy the new stages, and I always find myself thinking, "that wasn't so bad after all" :)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
The big move
Posted by Kerr Family at 3:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment