I've been really wanting to go to a beach lately, and seeing that we are no where near one, I settled for the biggest lake near us - Lake Granby. We decided to rent a cabin for one night and go hang out and come back the next day. Unfortunately to get there we had to drive on Trail Ridge road - "the highest continuous motorway in the US, with more that eight miles lying above 11,000' and a max elevation of 12,183". I don't do well with heights. When we were little we would drive up to Horsetooth Reservoir and I was scared to death we were going to drive off the edge (which might have something to do with the fact that my Mom was also scared to death about driving off the edge). I have had recurring nightmares about going somewhere and realizing that we have to go down this hill that is pretty much straight down. My Mom actually happen to go on a little vacation with her brother a few weeks earlier and went on Trail Ridge Rd and she said it didn't bother her that much, so I was confident I could handle it. I could not. I was freaking out the whole time and couldn't calm myself down. I was struggling with "should I be on the lookout so I can warn Kevin if he's getting to close to the edge" or "should I close my eyes and pretend that we're not on the edge of a cliff". Poppy came with us so I was sitting in the back back in between Bradley and Gracie. It did not help that Bradley kept saying things like, "WOW! Look how close we are to the edge!" and "Oh my goodness, look how far down the ground is!!" ugh! Once again, I felt like I put my children in harms way because we were going to plummet to our deaths - but everything was ok! I blame my Mom :)

Unfortunately we couldn't get the heater on in our cabin and it was a little chilly, I was worried about Kolby being cold and not sleeping well, but I think I was the coldest one :)

We were driving by Lake Granby looking for a nice little beach area to hang out and have lunch and we passed a boat rental place and thought we'd check it out. We ended up renting a pontoon boat for a couple hours and had a picnic on the lake - it was so much fun!!!




















.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment