After much build-up and much discussion Mammy babysat Bradley for the first time on April 27th. She had been nervous about watching him when he was so small because she hadn't been around babies since Drew was little and that has been almost 6 years ago now. We had talked about maybe going to a movie several times but it never worked out - the timing of the movie didn't work with his feeding schedule or Mom just didn't feel confident that day :) But on the 27th we decided to have softball practice for the first time this year and she said she would try so Kevin and I could both go. Well what would you know - Mr Bradley decided that he didn't want to take any naps that day :) as if that wasn't bad enough, I think he was feeling a little under the weather :( So Mammy came over, I discussed all the different things she could try in case he started crying, and we left. Half an hour later I called to check in and my poor, tired, sick boy was crying - and my poor, feeling helpless and flustered Mommy was sad :( I came home and relieved my Mommy and I felt so bad because she felt bad. I spent the next week reassuring her that he didn't feel well and he was sleepy and of course he LOVES his Mammy! So the next sunday - we tried again! And for several hours Mr Bradley hung out in Mammy's arms - as happy as can be!! Success! (By the way - first time was a little hard on me too but the second time was better :) )
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Babysitting
Posted by Kerr Family at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment