Now that the weather is finally starting to get nice, Mr Bradley and I love to sit on the deck and hang out. We watch the dogs play, watch the foxes and the birds and enjoy the view :) We've also been taking more and more walks which Mr Bradley loves. If you know me, you know I LOVE animals - all animals. If I saw any wild animal I would be more tempted to walk right up to it and pet it than run away or be scared of it. I have never been scared of a dog, I love dogs, strange dogs, big dogs, all dogs. The other day when I was going for a little walk with Bradley a stray dog came running up to us out of nowhere. Normally I would bend over to pet him and say hi to him, but having Bradley with me, being a Mommy now, I was SO protective of him and felt this overpowering need to shield him from this animal running up to us - such a weird feeling for me! My how motherhood changes someone :) Needless to say, the dog was nice, didn't even really notice Bradley, I said hello to him and he went on his way - but I was just so surprised by the motherly, protective instinct that flooded over me. I'm sure everyone's realized by now, being protective is never going to be my problem, I am going to have to fight myself to not be SO over-bearing and over-protective - seeing that I can't keep Mr Bradley in a bubble and safe from all harm for the rest of his life, that's going to be the problem :)
Friday, May 2, 2008
Nice weather
Posted by Kerr Family at 4:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
You have been so busy posting! I am glad to be all caught up on everything "Mr. Bradley." What a doll...if boys can be called dolls, sorry Kevin. I love that he is meeting milestones so quick, good job mamma!
WOW! That is a change. I guess the term "mama bear" has all new meaning to you! I know how you feel. It is a tricky emotion to balance. Finding equilibrium between that raw emotion and desire to shield your offspring from EVERYTHING, and being a rational person. Tough.
Post a Comment