Monday, November 9, 2009

Sickness

I had a baby Dr appt at the beginning of Oct and she recommended us all coming in for our flu shots the next week, but unfortunately we never made it in because you're not supposed to get flu shots when you're sick. Mr B got sick first, he had a little fever for a couple days, seemed to really feel crummy for about a day, and then mostly just had a stuffy nose for about a week - hence the poor red nose in this picture :( Then we seemed to both get it. Kevin had been coughing for weeks, it would kind of come and go but he didn't feel bad, but then it got worse. He got a really bad head cold - and of course I got it a day later. I hate feeling sick in the first place, but I really really hate being sick when (1)I'm pregnant and can't take any medicine to make me feel better, (2)when Bradley is still getting over a cold as well and needs some extra attention, AND (3)Kevin is sick too so we can't even take care of each other or pick up the slack so the other one can rest. It was a little difficult. Worst of all - it didn't go away! We felt crummy for over a week and a half and once we realized it wasn't going away on it's own - we made a dual dr appt :) I got checked out first and it turns out I had a bad Sinus Infection and then it was Kevin's turn and he had Bronchitis. After antibiotics for both of us, we were finally all healthy - for about 1 day - more on that later! :(

0 comments: