Sammie's already a month old! She is a sweet, sweet baby. She is starting to make more talking sounds instead of just cries. She's a really good sleeper, so much so that I still feel like sometimes I need to wake her up to get her to eat, during the day and at night. She's always been a good eater though, at her 2 week appt she was supposed to be back to her birth weight which was 6 lb 15 oz and she was 7 lb 10 oz, so well over that. My doctor was very impressed with how big she was and how well she was doing. She wakes up about 3 times a night. Once she goes down she's usually down for a good 4-5 hours, then the later part of the night is when she wakes up more. She definitely likes to be held and doesn't stay content laying by herself for very long.
Which brings me to the pacifier :) When I had Bradley I had heard that you should hold off on giving a pacifier for the first month so that it doesn't interfere with breastfeeding in any way. I think I tried to give him one around 6 weeks and he just was not interested. With Gracie we felt like she NEEDED it early on, and ended up offering it around 3 weeks and I KNOW it was a life saver in many many occasions. She still has it strictly at night but we've been talking about taking it away in the next several months so right now my mindset is against pacifiers because I'm dreading having to take it away from Gracie. SO it's messing with my decisions on giving one to Sammie. She seems a lot like Gracie was when she was little, sometimes hard to console and sometimes very difficult to understand why she's upset. I have given her a pacifier a couple times now and she LOVES it but I keep taking it away because I don't want her to get dependant on it. My mind is just having a hard time remembering all the times it saved me JUST because I'm feeling bad about having to take it away soon. I need to stop having an issue with it, just go with it and stop stressing out about it. That's my little pep talk to myself :) It has already allowed me to actually sit down and eat breakfast when I'm here with the 3 of them by myself, I'm sure it will come in handy in the future :)
She likes to be held upright and likes to be swaddled when she's sleeping. She loves looking at Kevin's hat when he's holding her and likes to stare at her brother and sister when they're talking to her. She's starting to smile every now and then and I'm so excited to see her personality start to shine through even more. We are so blessed to have our three little angels!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment