Sunday, February 24, 2013

Baby Sammie turned 1!















I can't believe my girl is already 1 year old! I swear time is going by quicker and quicker. She is such an amazing little girl. She has been strong enough to walk for a while now but has been too scared to take the steps. She'll stand there and smile and smile and just not un-plant that foot to take a step. I guess time got away from me and I didn't realize how old she already is. She had been sleeping pretty well at night a couple of months ago but then got sick with the other kids and really stuffy. So I went back to running in there with every sound she made because she didn't feel well and was so stuffy. Therefore, she went back to waking up about 3-4 times a night again. And since breastfeeding her is the easiest and quickest way to get her back to sleep, I automatically wake up and go in and feed her to get her back to sleep - and I do it every time without fail, so I can't blame her. At her Dr apt I told the Dr my plan was to start going down to feeding her once a night for a little while then stopping completely now that she's a year, and just have Kevin go in all the other times to get her back to sleep so she wouldn't get confused and I wouldn't be tempted to feed her :) She must have heard me talking because starting that night she's been waking up once a night around 3 to eat and that's it. She's getting tired of baby food, she just wants to eat what we're eating. It's always hard for me to make that switch because I feel she's just snacking and not getting a full meal like before. She is the happiest baby and so social. She's smiles all the time at everyone and is such such a sweet, easy-going baby doll!

0 comments: