Monday, July 13, 2015

7 years on the job

So for Bradley's 7th birthday party we had a construction party. I figured it was fitting seeing that Kevin is a contractor :) We made Bradley a shirt that said "Contractor Bradley" on the front and "7 years on the job" on the back. We decided that everyone could make something so we got large chalkboards at Home Depot, cut them down to little rectangles. Then got trim and cut them down to size. Everyone picked up a chalkboard and the trim and brought it over to Kevin who cut the trim on an angle, then they brought it all to the next station where we hot glued the trim on the sides, then onto the next station where you could decorate it and glue ribbon on it to hang it on the wall. Then we had a "fun station" where they could use power tools to drill and hammer and screw into a piece of wood (with adult supervision) - fun zone was definitely a hit! It was really cute and the weather was supposed to be nice that day so we had it all set up in the driveway. Of course it ended up being colder than it was supposed to be, so everyone was a little chilly and it was hard to keep the glue from the hot glue gun hot long enough to glue the trim, so that was a little challenging - but it worked out and I think everyone had fun :) I was tempted to just rent out a place this year since we're getting to the point where there's more and more kids and it's hard to keep them all entertained in my little house :) Sadly, I think next year we'll have to do something different. I think I enjoy having it here much more than everyone else does. That's going to be so weird for me because I'm so used to figuring out what to do and setting up and having a plan.






















0 comments: