Monday, July 6, 2015

Real Fishing

So we went and got some fishing poles :) I had to ask around to see where to even go since we never go, and we had friends in town that actually fish so they helped us out :) We ended up going to this little pond just in the foothills about 5 minutes from our house so it couldn't have been any more convenient. 


I kept telling Bradley over and over how sometimes you go fishing and you never even catch one fish. Sometimes you sit there for hours and hours and get nothing, sometimes you get nibbles, and sometimes you actually catch something - but that doesn't happen every time. You have to be patient and wait... a lot :) So what do you know - we get there, he does his first cast and the SECOND it hits the water it goes under and comes up with a fish!!! I've never seen anything like it - and there goes ALL the advise I had given him, he was probably thinking, "yeah right Mom, this stuff is easy!" :) It really was amazing :) And it was adorable how happy he was!







Next we got Gracie's pole ready and it wasn't too long until she caught one too :) I was really surprised. I had gone fishing several times when I was little and never had such good luck!


Sammie sure had fun watching everyone and playing in the dirt :)



















It was a very successful fishing trip and I can't wait to go again! It started raining right at the end which cut it a little short, but that's ok - they both caught one fish and we threw them back and everyone was happy :)

0 comments: