Yay, I finally did it this year!! Every year I say I want to do a garden and I never get around to it but I think Bradley's enthusiasm about the garden pushed me over the edge this year and we finally did it! I have been trying to read as much as possible about what to plant and where and how big. I definitely wanted EASY plants for my first time around. I do not have a whole lot of confidence in myself to keep any kind of plants alive, so I definitely needed to start with hardy plants that will take a beating and keep going strong. I heard good ones to start with were tomatoes, peppers, squash, and sunflowers - so that's what we did :) We decided to do a raised garden bed, 4x8 with netting around it to keep the dogs out. I have since found that the netting is actually to keep Gracie out - the dogs couldn't care less but Gracie is messing with it every chance she gets. Bradley LOVED helping set up the garden, he'd grab any random tool he could find in the garage so he could participate - the fireplace set seemed to do the trick just fine!
The worms were very exciting! It's amazing how many of them there were! I'm not the biggest fan of dirt under my nails and slimy worms, but seeing Bradley's excitement about it all made me jump in on the fun with him.
The worms even trumped the tools there for a little bit. By the way - I am weak! I mean, I always knew my husband was a big, strong man, but he made the digging look SO easy so I jumped right in to help. It was NOT easy!!! It made me realize just how weak I am! It would have taken me hours longer to dig what Kevin did, so I decided to just take pictures of him instead
Unloading the dirt from the truck
Ready to plant!!!
to be continued :)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment