Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sammie's 4 months!

I just can't believe she's 4 months already, and yet - just like I've said with the other two - it feels like she's always been here! She is such a sweet, sweet little girl. She has big beautiful eyes that are always looking around and taking everything in. She'll stare at Kevin for however long it takes for him to look at her and then she'll just smile and smile. At her 4 month appt she was 13 pounds 2 ounces and just as happy as could be. My doctor kept saying how she was an 'unusually happy baby' and how she didn't remember Gracie being that happy all the time :) She LOVES her brother and sister, she watches them so closely and will just laugh and laugh at them when they play, run, jump, dance or do anything in front of her. I still have to tell both of them to back off a little because they are right in her face every chance they get. She has rolled from front to back a couple of times but mostly likes to roll MOST of the way and then changes her mind and goes back to the back. Tummy time is not her favorite but she tolerates it for a while and she's definitely a strong little girl. I am trying to get her to sleep without swaddling her sometimes now, but it still wakes her up more than when she is swaddled. She has found her feet and loves to grab them and play with them, but they have not made it to her mouth just yet :) She LOVES to suck on and chew on her hands though! She has always been a drooly baby and she is even more so now, I feel like she is in the beginning stages of teething. I think she really likes the sound of her own voice. She will scream more than cry really and she sticks her little tongue out when she screams. (If I can get the video to upload, you'll see - it's really cute). She loves laying on her back and batting at toys above her. I swear she just has this 6th sense and can feel when I am not in the house with her. We have softball games every thursday night and no matter how long I have her asleep before we leave and no matter who's watching her - she will wake up within 5 minutes of me leaving... every time. Lately she's been waking up really early and I try and try to get her to go back to sleep, which seldom works.







0 comments: