4th of July was a lot different this year. Because of the terrible wildfires that have been out of control around here, all personal fireworks were banned and several cities cancelled their shows - including Fort Collins. At first it was just postponed, which I was upset about, but had comfort in knowing we'd still have our show later - but then they went and cancelled it completely. I have NEVER spent a 4th of July without fireworks at City Park - it's a tradition, and I'm so sad we missed it this year, it just didn't feel the same! I know it's just a precaution and I do understand that. And actually, as much as I hated to admit it, I would totally understand the postponement. But not the cancellation. They could have postponed them one week and we were already in a better place after getting quite a bit of rain right after the 4th. The red flag warning was even lifted in this area 1 week after the 4th. Oh well - enough complaining :) I spent it with my family and that's all that matters :) Luckily we went to the Rockies game a couple nights before and saw their amazing show and the kids loved it!
One of Gracie's very favorite things right now are flags, so even seeing all the "Merica Flags" everywhere was a treat :)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment