A while ago I saw this really cute idea for toddler beds online where you pretty much make a frame that fits over the bed from PVC pipe, make fabric curtains to fit over the pipe and you end up with a cute little tent over the bed. I thought Bradley and Gracie would love that, so we decided to make them when we moved Gracie into Bradley's room. Then I started thinking about it and didn't want the bed to be just sitting directly on the floor, so we were going to make a little frame for it to sit on. THEN, I was thinking about how I'd love to have some storage space under the beds since space is going to be very limited once they are both in one room together. So, we adjusted the plan again :) After many changes and tweaks, we finally came up with a plan, got material and went to work.
The one thing that's too bad now is we feel like adding the PVC pipe on top would just be too much and too tall now, so we're going to hold off on that for now. We did use some of the PVC pipe to make bed rails for them.
We're putting the final touches on the room right now and are hopefully moving Gracie in there in the next couple days, so I'll take pictures of the new room and let you know how Gracie is doing in the big girl bed - I'm dreading it a little bit :) But, I did that with Bradley too and he was always so great, BUT it's a whole different ball game with the two of them together :)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment