Friday, June 7, 2013

Cast - offiically off the DL :)

Tuesday morning we went to OCR to get the cast. Bradley right away requested a Transformers cast, which was not an option. So his second choice was Monster Trucks :) Then the Dr decided to go ahead and bring in the choices that they had. As soon as he saw the choices he said "Colorado!" for the one that looked like the American Flag. So I told him American flag was one choice, then I pointed out all the others and he went right back to the American flag saying, "I want America, America is perfect for summer, and it's summer, so definitely America" :) He had his mind all made up. Best of all the Dr said, "We'll get it on there and he'll just do whatever he can do" and I said, "including T-ball" and he kind of smiled and said he can definitely try - YAY :)
So Wednesday during the day we started practicing. He could technically grab the bat with his fingers but it twists his arm too much, so he just supports it with his arm and still hits that ball farther than most kids his age. He's definitely not 100%, but he's able to play and that's all we care about! :) As long as he can play on a team and do what he loves. When we got to the game they were practicing hitting so he went right up and I made sure he was doing it like we practiced. His first hit went pretty darn far and his coach looked back at me with eyebrows high in amazement :) "He sure has learned to adjust pretty quickly" he said :) Bradley was just elated. He was put in right field and he was literally jumping up and down and fist pumping :)
He hits kind of like his Mommy (except better :) ), to right field a lot, broken wrist or not, which is kind of too bad in t-ball because the first baseman gets it right away.





He did get on base and made it all the way home and was SO excited, I wish I kept filming because he came over to me and said, "Mom, I got home! I got a point for my team!!" No words could ever explain how much I LOVE my little boy!!!! :)

0 comments: